The College of Marin educates many students who are choosing community college as an affordable means to their educational goals or are retraining to join or re-enter the workforce. Academic programs need new equipment, technology and laboratory materials to stay current in the discipline. This kind of program maintenance helps students gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed.
Your Contribution will enable the College of Marin to:
- Enhance the quality of student learning experience with specialized instructional equipment and technology in classrooms, laboratories and studios.
- Maintain state-of-the-art studios and performance spaces in disciplines such as Fine and Visual Arts, Music, Drama or Dance.
- Provide musical instruments and state-of-the-art sound equipment for students performing in musical and theatrical ensembles
- Support student-faculty classroom research and field trips in the Life and Earth Sciences such as Biology, Geography or Geology.
- Purchase cutting-edge laboratory equipment for Nursing, Allied Health, Astronomy, Engineering, Chemistry or Physics.
- Support and enhance curricular innovations for Career and Technical Education programs to keep pace with changing industry needs.
- Provide classroom enrichment activities such as industry speakers and professional experts in Business and Information Systems.
- Offer additional professional development opportunities for faculty and staff in academic programs to keep current in their field of study in Behavioral or Social Sciences, Humanities or World Languages.
Charitable IRA Rollover Gift
Another way to make a gift to a program is by making an annual tax-favored charitable gift from a traditional or Roth IRA account. A gift of up to $100,000 can be transferred directly to College of Marin free from federal income tax. The charitable distribution can be a significant benefit for those who are required each year to take minimum required distributions. For more information on this type of gift please see our Forms/Resources page.
Tribute, Memorial, and Honorary Gifts
College of Marin accepts gifts in honor of a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary, retirement or graduation. Or donors can make a gift to say “thank you” to a special instructor, colleague or friend. Gifts can be made memory of someone as a meaningful way honor the memory of a loved one. With your instructions, COM Advancement will send a card to the person honored or the family of the deceased.
How do I mention College of Marin in an obituary or recommend that gifts be made to COM in lieu of flowers?
We suggest that you use text similar to this:
The family requests that memorial gifts be made in support of the [specified fund] at College of Marin. Checks made payable to the “College of Marin” can be mailed to:
College of Marin/Office of Advancement
835 College Ave.
Kentfield, CA 94904
Or you may make a gift online at marin.edu/advancement. Please indicate that the gift is in memory of [name] by writing a memo on your check or marking the “in memory of” box when making a gift online. See a partial list of gifts made in honor of or in memory of someone here.
Your Contribution Can Be:
- In the form of an annual gift by check, credit card, or funded with appreciated stock.
- A future gift that you include in your estate plan which instructions to allocate the gift to a specific academic program.
- In an endowment that you establish during your lifetime or in your estate plan, which is directed to a specific academic program or discipline.
For More Information
To discuss in detail how to support a program, please contact Keith Rosenthal, Director of Advancement, (415) 485-9528 or email@example.com for a confidential appointment.